Tuesday 17 January 2012

All aboard the Hell Train!

Okay, okay so I was supposed to blog about Ramsey Campbell a few weeks ago, and then I went all silent for a period. Not only has work been very very busy, but our daughter has now started crawling, so we're in a new and terrifying phase of parenthood. Anyway, while you bide your time between my gems of wisdom and wit (no laughing at the back!) here's something you may well be interested in.


This Thursday (Jan 19th) sees the brilliant Christopher Fowler in conversation with my good self at Foyles Bookshop on Charring Cross Road from around 6.30pm. We shall be discussing his horror novel Hell Train and the ins and outs of supernatural fiction and film. It is a ticketed event, but tickets are free and can be obtained from the Foyles website. So join us for an evening of witty banter and insight.

In other news, I'm delighted to announce that Solaris/Abaddon (the two imprints what I'm Editor in Chief of) has won the This is Horror Award for best publisher 2011. Many thanks to Michael and the team and all who voted. Congratulations are also due to Gary McMahon, for winning for Best Novel with the brilliant Concrete Grove.

Right, away with you. Later this week I will definitely say something wise about the work of Ramsey Campbell. So check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment