Thursday 20 September 2012

News!

Wow! So a whole summer passed and I blogged bugger all. Go Jon! I really am not wonderful at this self-promotion thing, but I have a few things on the go that may be of interest, or indeed you may not give a rat's fart about. Who knows.

Anyway, currently I'm working on two things. The first thing is a novel that's been knocking around in my head for 8 years and I'm finally getting round to getting it on the page. Well, I've written three quarters of a chapter, but that's still words on the page right? It's being written entirely on spec and at it's heart is about a heavy metal roadie who becomes a PI. Second thing I'm doing is writing a story set in that there London, more specifically in a second-hand bookshop on Charring Cross Rd. It'll be my first 'horror' story in a while, so I'm looking forward to getting back into the macabre.

In the meantime, feast your eyes on Magic: An Anthology of the Esoteric and Arcane, which is my latest anthology from Solaris and features such brilliant folk as Audrey Niffenegger, Lou Morgan, Dan Abnett, Alison Littlewood, Rob Shearman and many others.




You will be able to purchase this fine anthology from all good bookstores and here and here.

Also, on the 24th October we will be launching Magic at Foyles bookstore on Charring Cross Road in that there London. The launch will feature Audrey Niffenegger, Sophia McDougall, Dan Abnett and myself and should be stormingly good fun. Event details can be found here.

Now I'm pondering ideas for my next anthology and believe we have a doozy of a theme.

Anyway, more news and opinion soon. And when I say soon, I don't mean 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment